The following people should be shot for the good of the country
. . .with a tranquilizer dart, perhaps.
- Run sites that offer free copies of an author’s books and then don’t respond to take-down notices.
- Subscribe to authors’ newsletters to get a free book and then unsubscribe as soon as they get it.
- Protest a book and/or want it removed from the library even though they’ve never read it.
- Post one-star reviews on Amazon and Goodreads because the author wore the wrong color shirt or because they accidentally bought a book in a genre they don’t normally read and feel like having a tantrum.
- Find a way of introducing statements about their personal issues into Facebook status updates that have nothing to do with those issues.
- Have Twitter feeds that are 99% SPAM.
- Write blog posts about shooting people with tranquilizer darts because getting shot with a dart is a way of getting the drug without the prescription.
- Believe that unknown authors (who actually need the income) should get $0.99 for the same kind of book that the rich, big-name author is selling for $15.00.
- Think that movie stars who own three houses worth more than most people’s neighborhoods really care about liberal programs designed to help the poor.
- Don’t drink Scotch and/or drink fruity drinks that taste like stale Kool-Aid.
- Don’t understand how detrimental to the arts it is to defund NEA and NHA.
- Don’t know the difference between interesting personal tidbits and TMI.
- Spread quizzes on Facebook with titles like “What Native American Tribe Are You From?” or “What’s Your Scottish Name?” like there’s some glory from an algorithm’s fake response.
- Don’t realize today is Friday.